Q. Why Study in Mauritius?
The Multi-cultural and multi-lingual Mauritius is one of the best places in the African continent for pursuing a full-fledged academic course. It offers a wide range of courses to suit your needs and provides with unequalled opportunities. Mauritius is easily accessible and is conveniently connected around the world with direct flights operating every day. Mauritius has a unique blend of cultures from Africa, Asia and Europe, promoting a cosmopolitan and diverse environment for students to read.
Benefits of studying in Mauritius:
- A cosmopolitan environment which is socially, politically and economically stable
- Free Transport for Students
- Free Health Care for students
- Beautiful and peaceful island
- Hassle free Student Visa
- Students can acquire work experience while working up to 20 hrs weekly
- Students can do internships in leading blue-chip companies likes HSBC, Barclays, Accenture, Microsoft etc
- The cost of living in Mauritius is low and moderate. Housing is relatively affordable
- Easily accessible and conveniently connected direct flights around the world
Q. Why Greenwich?
Greenwich University is imparting quality higher education in Pakistan for more than 03 decades. The University roots go back to 1987 when Greenwich Institute was established with the vision to impart quality education and offer distinguished academic opportunities to the students.
The university is proud of its more than 3,000 alumni already working as Corporate Leaders, and Entrepreneurs and making effective use of their knowledge and skills for the development of the country. It is indeed a pride that 70% of University graduates as entrepreneurs.
Memberships of International Accrediting Bodies:
- Bangor University, UK
- Limkokwing University, Malaysia
- Liaoning University, China
The University is a with a member of various international accreditation bodies, i.e, NAFSA (Association of International Education), IAU (International Association of Universities), AACSB (The Association of Advance Collegiate Schools in Business), APQN (Asia Pacific Quality Network), INQAAHE (International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education).
Q. What is the unique advantage of Greenwich University Pakistan Mauritius Branch Campus?
Greenwich University Pakistan Mauritius Branch Campus is the only Pakistan University Campus duly accredited by Tertiary Education Commission at Mauritius and Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. It is offering degree programs, certificate and diplomas, where the students would have the advantage of global recognition and industry acceptance. The curriculum offered has been prepared by keeping the global demand in the market place and required skills. All programs, on successful clearance of assessment &examination norms, culminate in degrees recognized & accepted across the world.
- Recognized with Higher Education Commission of Pakistan and Tertiary Education Commission of Mauritius
- State of the Art fully equipped WiFi Campus, located in the center of Mauritius
- Globally recognized degree
- Exchange programmes available
- Extensive financial assistance for the 1st year enrolment
- Student fees are more affordable with flexible fee mode for such high-quality education
- Best faculty in town
- Internship / jobs placement facility
- Significant saving on international travel
- Prominent alumni including international royalty examples
- Complimentary French for Beginners Course
- Complimentary Life Skills Course
- Sports facilities i.e. swimming, table tennis, tennis, gymnasium, health guidance sessions
Q. What are the learning facilities at the campus?
- Purpose-built campus and all the class rooms are fully equipped to bring them up to the modern standards.
- The whole Campus has wifi facility.
- The classes are air conditioned with installed multimedia.
- There is a Central library (on campus and students have access to a wide range of electronic data bases and e-books)
- photocopy, & bookshop,
- fully equipped modern Computer Lab,
- International Student guidance desk,
- Indoor Sports i.e. Snooker, Table Tennis, Chess etc.
Q. What degree would be awarded for these programs? Is that degree accredited?
Students will be awarded degrees from Greenwich University Pakistan Mauritius Branch Campus, duly recognized by the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) of Mauritius, and Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
Greenwich University degree is acceptable all over the world.
Q. What is the credit system being followed for the assessment of your regular programs?
There are three semesters in a year at Greenwich.
- Spring: March-July
- Fall: August-December
- Summer: January–February (Optional)
Q. When does the admission process start at Greenwich?
Admissions are open twice a year i.e. January – February and June – July.
Q. What about accommodation?
Nearby campus accommodation is available according to preference and budget which is safe, comfortable and provide excellent value for money. Accommodation caters all needs and preferences, uniquely adapted rooms are available for special need students.
Average per month accommodation (twin sharing) including attached bath, TV Lounge, dining room and kitchen starts from 150 USD per month (minimum).
Q. What is the schedule of classes at Greenwich?
The classes are offered in evenings / weekends i.e. weekdays 4:30 pm – 06:30 pm and weekends 09:00 am – 03:00 pm
Every week there is a 3-hour class of each course including 20 minutes break. Total 12 classes (36 teaching hours), one Midterm, and one Final exam is also a part of course study (total 42 hours).
Q. Do you have other extracurricular activities?
Yes. We do have lot of activities every semester which also include International Socio Cultural and Educational Tours, Conferences, Seminars, Cultural Shows, etc.
Q. What is social life on campus?
There is a wide variety of options: concerts, sport events, distinguished guest speakers, and extracurricular activities like movie and cricket shows, caricature competitions, singing and, debates, speeches, etc.
Q. What is the transfer of credit policy at Greenwich University?
- Applicants can transfer their credits from other universities.
- The university must be recognized by their country board.
- Only B and higher grades are transferable.
- Transfer students must complete 50% of their studies at Greenwich to take the degree.
- Transfer of Credit Fee is applicable
Q. Can our credits earn at Greenwich be transferred to other Universities?
Transfer of credit of courses studied at Greenwich is also possible. Many students of Greenwich have completed their degree with the transfer of credits to universities in UK, USA, Australia, Malaysia. However, every university has its own policy for transfer of credits, therefore students must check for the status of transfer of credits from concerned universities.
Q. How active are alumni of Greenwich? Where do they work?
The university is proud of its over 3,000 alumni already working as Corporate Leaders, and Entrepreneurs and making effective use of their knowledge and skills for the development of the country. It is indeed a pride that 70% of University graduates as entrepreneurs.
Greenwich graduates enjoy great success into all sectors. Alumni rank among the top echelons and serve as executives in all fields. They stay connected to the university after graduation as well. In fact, many alumni serve as career mentors for current students.
Q. What will be the cost of the entire program?
Fees structure of respective programs is indicated on the Programmes webpage on our website www.greenwich.ac.mu
Q. Is there any financial assistance program at Greenwich?
- Financial assistance is given to students based on need and merit.
- 25% fee waiver for siblings also.
- A financial assistance form is required to be filled in with attachments to qualify for consideration during the second term of studies. Students with Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.8 on scale of 4 are given 25% scholarship on tuition fees.
Q. As an international student, what would be my possible expenses during my program?
You are required to pay for accommodation, food, insurance, travel and living expenses, including text books and study materials. It would vary according to spending habits of an individual.
Normally it is USD 300-350 per month.
Q. As an international student, am I allowed to work?
As a part of work-based learning, the international students can work upto 20 hours a week, by which they can earn between USD 100-200 / month.
Q. Will the University Management help student in finding the part time job?
It’s the student responsibility to find the job. University Management may help in this regard
Q. How do I handle my money matters when at Mauritius?
- Besides this, you can carry traveler's cheque.
- You can also transact through ATM cards.
- Visa and MasterCard are also accepted at maximum places.
Q. Can I open a bank account in Mauritius?
The International Student Desk helps you to open your account in Bank.
To open a Mauritian bank account, you will need your passport, a letter from the institution confirming that you are a student and a document confirming your address in Mauritius (for example a contract for accommodation). It is also helpful to bring information about your bank account(s) and evidence of your address in your home country.